[dev-context] particular mpost label fails with recent ConTeXt

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Jun 11 22:27:58 CEST 2009

Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> The error in mpxerr.log is:
>
>   ! Illegal unit of measure (pt inserted).
>   <to be read again>
> 		     =
>   <argument> =
> 	      \joinrel =\joinrel \Longrightarrow
>   \buildrel ...mathrel {\mathop {\kern \zerocount #2
> 						    }\limits ^{#1}}
>   l.14     {=\joinrel=\joinrel\Longrightarrow}
> 					      $%

The problem is that the \zerocount that is used in buildrel:

\def\buildrel#1\over#2%
   {\mathrel{\mathop{\kern\zerocount#2}\limits^{#1}}}

somehow ends up being a \chardef. A shorter test file is:

   \starttext
   $\buildrel a \over b $
   \stoptext

the weird thing is that I can't figure out where that definition
takes place ?? (well, there is one in syst-ini, but that should
have been overwritten by the one in syst-gen, afaik).

Best wishes,
Taco