[dev-context] error: You can't use `\vadjust' in internal vertical mode

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 11 21:34:40 CEST 2009

> Either the bug is fixed or there is a subtle difference between
> our installations, but I do not get an error

I've reproduced the problem using a more recent ConTeXt:

  ConTeXt  ver: 2009.06.04 22:20 MKII
  pdfTeXk, Version 3.1415926-1.40.9

The test files are in the attached zip file, which expands into a
vadjust-problem/ directory.  Then "texexec symmetry.tex" reproduces the
problem for me.  Here is the error message:

./symmetry.tex:920: You can't use `\vadjust' in internal vertical mode.
<recently read> \vadjust

\sidefloatoutput ... \parskip \zeropoint \vadjust
                                                  {\penalty \minusone }\iffl...
<argument> ...\fi \else \the \defaultstreamoutput
                                                  \fi
\firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1

\dodonormaloutput ...lty \the \OTRcommand \output
                                                  \outputmessage -{normal}\o...

\invokeoutputroutine ...enalty }\dodonormaloutput
                                                  \outputmessage -{trying}\o...