[dev-context] piping to ConTeXt

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sat May 23 17:19:09 CEST 2009

On Sat, 23 May 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Hello Hans,
>
> Asymptote developers wonder if there's a way to pipe to ConTeXt.

More precisely, they want to do the following:

context misc/null
*
\newbox\ASYbox
\newdimen\ASYdimen
\long\def\ASYbase#1#2{\leavevmode\setbox\ASYbox=\hbox{#1}\ASYdimen=\ht\ASYbox%
\setbox\ASYbox=\hbox{#2}\lower\ASYdimen\box\ASYbox}
\font\ASYfont=lmr12 at 12pt\ASYfont\switchtobodyfont[12pt]%
%
(Please type a command or say `\end')
*\setbox\ASYbox=\hbox{$x$}

*
*
*
*
*
*
*(Please type a command or say `\end')
*\showthe\wd\ASYbox
> 6.67703pt.

etc... (for the moment, ignore the fact that the font setup is incorrect)

> didn't start inspecting anything as I suspect that it's quite possible
> that nobody has ever tried that so far.

Ideal will be to have --interactive switch.

> The trick that John Bowman decided to use was to "\input null" (an
> empty tex file "null.tex"), but I already had problems because I
> (forgot that I) didn't have that file.

Do you know someone who maintains a major ConText distribution. Maybe you
can ask her to add that file :-)

Aditya