[dev-context] Making a minimals update svn friendly

Oliver Buerschaper oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de
Sat May 23 17:03:48 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

what I would like to do is updating a minimal context tree which is
under svn version control ... the problem with the current setup is that

mtxrun mtx-update.lua

deletes all .svn subdirectories in the destination directories it
touches for synchronization. This is bad because it completely spoils
version control.

However, by supplying the additional flag

--filter="P .svn"

to the rsync command one should be able to sync and still
preserve .svn subdirectories. Hence I suggest the following patches to

mtxrun
mtx-update.lua

in order to make the updating process svn friendly:

diff bin/mtxrun bin.orig/mtxrun
9384c9384
< --~ 		["flags"]      = "-rpztlv --stats --filter='P .svn'",
---
 > --~ 		["flags"]      = "-rpztlv --stats",

diff bin/mtx-update.lua bin.orig/mtx-update.lua
459c459
<     states.set("rsync.flags.normal", environment.argument("flags"),
"-rpztlv --stats --filter='P .svn'", true) -- ok
---
 >     states.set("rsync.flags.normal", environment.argument("flags"),
"-rpztlv --stats", true) -- ok

This works on my machine (Mac OS X 10.5.7). I'm afraid I cannot test
this on other platforms at the moment ...

What do you guys think?

Best,
Oliver