[dev-context] [NTG-context] mkII with minimals

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 5 12:40:26 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:12, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As Alan wrote, it seems there are continuous problems with both
> the minimals and the context mkiv distribution currently. Is
> there anything I myself can do to help out?

I fixed texmf.cnf (sorry, I fell asleep yesterday), but I cannot do
anything about mkiv bugs before we start supporting falling back to
arbitrary ConTeXt version.

What about the following possibility? We could set up some repository
(whatever - svn/git/anything) with all the versions, including all
experimental and beta versions. Those users that would need it could
place a copy into texmf-local and switch between ConTeXt versions
arbitrary. A script on server could commit versions to that
repository.

I have a feeling that somebody on the list already has such a
repository, but even if we start from scratch that should be OK. I
could have start storing all the experimental versions, full-blown, on
the server, but that would be a killing consumer of space, most
probably adding some 100MB on the server every day. (Another option to
explore is Hans' proposal which probably needs some tools on user
side.)

Mojca