[dev-context] luatex beta 0.35.0
taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Feb 24 15:28:51 CET 2009
I have just uploaded luatex 0.35.0.
This is a beta in the process towards 0.40.0, the version that
will be included in texlive 2009. We have two big developments
underway right now:
* Hartmut is working on the DVI and PDF output, aiming for full
support of all direction specifiers in both modes.
* Taco is working on extending the math engine, aiming for complete
support of the OpenType and MathML concepts.
Both developments are well under way, but neither is perfect yet.
The main goal of this release is to give Hans' ConTeXt mkiv code
and its users a chance to catch up and test the progress so far.
* The math handling portions of LuaTeX are converted to C code,
and extended to support Unicode math. There are a great many
related changes, see the new Math chapter in the manual for
* A nasty bug in the paragraph breaking routine was fixed.
(All lines except the first one were believed to be wider then
they really were. This affected which nodes were considered
as active breakpoints)
* Various changes to the PDF backend to make it support non-latin
* Fixed the behaviour of the page offsets. Placement of the output
on the physical page should now work correctly in all directions,
both in DVI and PDF.
There now are \pageleftoffset and \pagetopoffset primitives.
* fontforge.apply_featurefile() was broken since 0.31.0
* The lua profiler library is added.
* The included lua filesystem library is now 1.4.1.
* Reading of pk files fixed.
* An optional space afer a <direction specifier> for \textdir c.s.
is ignored from now on.
* \bodydir and \pagedir can now be (re)set even after the first
page has been output.
* The new callback mlist_to_hlist can be used to intercept the
normal conversion of math lists to horizontal lists.
* The programs ttf2afm and pdftosrc are removed from the luatex
distribution (these belong to pdftex).
* fontforge.open() now uses much less memory when opening large
* The included libpng is now 1.2.35.
* Quite a lot of smaller bugfixes and cleanups (as usual).
The archives (just binaries at this time, hopefully there will be a
source package later) can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
If you need the sources, please check out via anonymous svn:
svn co svn://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.31.3
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the dev-context