[dev-context] mptopdf ... which one

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Dec 24 18:04:35 CET 2007

Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what should mptopdf be? Either a texexec of mptopdf.pl or a link to
> pdftex and dumping the format for mptopdf? Both are present?

you can generate the format with texexec or else

in my cnf file i have

extra_mem_top.mptopdf    = 1000000
extra_mem_bot.mptopdf    = 1000000

because graphics can be come large. I must admit that i don't know what
to link to, i suppose the perl script, because this is what users use;
it can handle wildcards, call mp when a mp file is given etc, so best
gamble on mptopdf (texexec somefile.mp also works but that will use
context)

> Thanks and all the best and merry christmas

Thanks, same to you.