[dev-context] setting up context/luatex, luatex caches

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Oct 1 11:00:14 CEST 2007

Hi Hans!

On Mo, 01 Okt 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >>- Is it possible to have MORE THAN ONE luatex cache directory?
[...]
> the first hash is tree basesd and permits multiple tex installations
> alongside, the filename hashes are derived from the names plus full
> paths, also in order to prevent funny subpaths etc; so, indeed we can
> run multiple installations in the same cache (on our linux servers i
> often run multiple trees along side since project use frozen tex's)

Sorry if I have been unclear: I don't want to have different
installation trees in the lua cache, I want DIFFERENT LOCATIONS of the
lua cache to be merged. So that the cache for
	TEXMFDIST
	TEXMFMAIN
	TEXMFVAR
lies in /var/lib/texmf/luatexcache, and the cache for
	TEXMFHOME
lies in ~/.texmf-var/luatexcache.

And in ~/.texmf-var/luatexcache there is ONLY the cache for TEXMFHOME
and not for the others.

So users can add/remove files from TEXMFHOME and update their local
cache without fiddling with the system wide cache.

Do go conform with other texmf.cnf settings, for example something like
this:
	TEXMFSYSCACHE=/var/lib/texmf/luatexcache
	TEXMFCACHE=$HOME/.texmf-var/luatexcache
and luatex/context collects the stuff found in TEXMFSYSCACHE and
TEXMFCACHE. Same as with TEXMFVAR and TEXMFSYSVAR

Best wishes

Norbert