[dev-context] binaries in context minimals

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Sep 20 09:50:12 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> well, i'm sure that martin can integrate it into the build; would save
>> a lot of hassle with binary updates (no problem for tex live since the
>> polish dropped their translated pool files long ago)
>
> Last time, there were quite a few political/sentimental objections, and
> I do want to restart the arguments about that. This type of discussion
> takes way too much of my time already. Maybe you or Martin is interested
> in championing the extension?

well, i can see no sentimental reason, and no political either, and
since you have the final word in pdftex source stuff now ...

this is one of the tging that just should happen and not be discussed at
length (otherwise we suddenly run into folks who want dvi instead of pdf
for everything, the 'good old times' kind of discussions); of course, we
can always keep a fake pool file around for those who can't do without,
it's just not used