[dev-context] missing stubs in latest release

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Aug 14 13:53:56 CEST 2007

Hi Hans,

On Die, 14 Aug 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:
> opentype and texgyre opentype (used as defaults) so maybe make sure that
> texgyre is installed

another question: so *PER DEFAULT* you need
	Opentype TeX Gyre
fonts? If yes, then this is a real problem, from the texlive tpm2deb.cfg
file:
	# GYRE fonts have a very strange license ...
	blacklist;tpm;tex-gyre;*
yes, they are blacklisted for now. I don't want to restart a discussion
here, I guess you have heard about this already.

Furthermore, I am not sure whether the tex-gyre fonts as shipped in TeX
Live also contain the OpenType version.

So we have 2 options for Debian:
- package the tex-gyre fonts independently, and see whether it passes
  ftp-masters. I am not sure about that due to the licensing wishywashy.

  After this make context available.

or
- make context use the lmodern fonts

Isn't there any chance that by default context uses the lmodern fonts?
They are wide spread, packaged, easily available, stable.

Is there a reason why you switches from the lm fonts (to which you have
switched also recently) to the gyre ones?

Best wishes

Norbert