[dev-context] metapost format problem in Debian ConTeXt 2007.03.19, TeX Live 2007

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Mar 29 09:46:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

plink wrote:
> Thanks for the hint, Taco!
>
> I found the following memory setting of the debian packages in debians
> configlet /etc/texmf/texmf.d/95NonPath.cnf:

> main_memory = 1000000 % words of inimemory available; also applies to
> inimf&mp
> extra_mem_top = 0     % extra high memory for chars, tokens, etc.
> extra_mem_bot = 0     % extra low memory for boxes, glue, breakpoints, etc.
>
> % ConTeXt is a memory hog...
> extra_mem_top.context = 2000000
> extra_mem_bot.context = 4000000
> main_memory.context = 1500000
> main_memory.mpost = 1500000
>
> Setting main_memory to the same size as main_memory.mpost fixes the
> problem (after an update-texmf and fmtutil-sys --refresh).
>
> However, now that I fixed it this way I do not understand why the same
> settings seem to work for other people, at least thats the way the
> Mpgraphic wiki page seems to point at.

The change was made only in metapost 0.992, so until very recently,
nobody was using it at all. The new version is now included in
TeXLive 2007, but TL uses a different, corrected texmf.cnf itself.
It looks like perhaps Norbert missed this change, and that that is
why the texmf.cnf snippet in the debian packages is still wrong.
(This is my fault, I should have told him)

Norbert, can you fix this please?

Best wishes,
Taco