[dev-context] metapost format problem in Debian ConTeXt 2007.03.19, TeX Live 2007

plink plink at veribox.net
Wed Mar 28 20:35:56 CEST 2007

Thanks for the hint, Taco!

I found the following memory setting of the debian packages in debians
configlet /etc/texmf/texmf.d/95NonPath.cnf:

main_memory = 1000000 % words of inimemory available; also applies to
inimf&mp
extra_mem_top = 0     % extra high memory for chars, tokens, etc.
extra_mem_bot = 0     % extra low memory for boxes, glue, breakpoints, etc.

% ConTeXt is a memory hog...
extra_mem_top.context = 2000000
extra_mem_bot.context = 4000000
main_memory.context = 1500000
main_memory.mpost = 1500000

Setting main_memory to the same size as main_memory.mpost fixes the
problem (after an update-texmf and fmtutil-sys --refresh).

However, now that I fixed it this way I do not understand why the same
settings seem to work for other people, at least thats the way the
Mpgraphic wiki page seems to point at.

Sigh, one day when I grow up I'll be able to see into these dark TeX
corners. Thanks very much anyhow!