[dev-context] [Fwd: [tex-live] wrong shebang in ConTeXt scripts break RPM packaging]

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Feb 13 14:23:17 CET 2007

just in case ..

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [tex-live] wrong shebang in ConTeXt scripts break RPM packaging
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:31:01 +0100
From: Jindrich Novy <jindranovy at gmail.com>
To: tex-live at tug.org

Hi all,

I was bitten by a bug in ConTeXt while packaging the TeXLive 2007 texmf
tree. RPM's find-requires script added a bogus dependency to /usr/env
which prevented me to actually install the packages. I tracked it down
to the ConTeXt package ruby scripts, where incorrect shebang is present
in the wwwserver.rb. The cause might be that the ctxtools.rb script,
which contains the add_shebang function, which is used to write a
shebang to newly created scripts, contains a typo, when it refers
to /usr/env, but should refer to /usr/bin/env as usual.

Attaching patch that fixes it.

Jindrich