[dev-context] [Fwd: Re: Debian Context Font problems]

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Feb 12 16:50:41 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Boguslaw Jackowski wrote:
> NP> Mark mentioned it several times, it seems to be the freetype renderer.
> NP> xpdf per default uses t1lib and with t1lib rasterizer it does work
> NP> without problems.
>
> Sorry, I'm not on the list dev-context at ntg.nl, I received only the letter
> from you and (one) from Mike Bird <mgb-debian at yosemite.net>, who wrote:

Ahh, sorry, I didn't get this. Yes. He found out that not only with
kpdf, but also with
	xpdf -t1lib no
the same problem occurs. And in the absence of t1lib rendering xpdf uses
freetype renderning.

> The only thing we can  do -- at this stage -- is to experiment with global
> hints (I hope it is not an urgent matter...). Or maybe freetype team will
> earlier spot the reason? Has anybody informed them?

No idea. Maybe we should involve someone from the upstream freetype
team? Does anyone of you have contact with freetype developers?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena
LOWTHER (vb.)
(Of a large group of people who have been to the cinema together.) To
stand aimlessly about on the pavement and argue about whatever to go
and eat either a Chinese meal nearby or an Indian meal at a restaurant
which somebody says is very good but isn't certain where it is, or
have a drink and think about it, or just go home, or have a Chinese
meal nearby - until by the time agreement is reached everything is
shut.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff