[dev-context] [OS X TeX] More New MacTeX Packages

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Feb 12 12:35:35 CET 2007

Norbert Preining wrote:

>>It is very likely they did not change *just* the name, but updated the
>>base font file as well, so simple name remapping probably will not work
>
> Yup, from marvodoc.tex:
>
> \item[2006-05-11] Version 2.1: Renamed Rightarrow macro to MVRightarrow.
> New TeX name for font (umvs). Rewrote style file. Added fd file.

Better than I had expected. Assuming the package still uses the same pfb
(and I think so, because of the timestamp on CTAN), then this should
work:

   \definefontsynonym[fmvr8x][umvs]
   \loadmapline[+][umvs Marvosym <marvosym.pfb]

But I cannot test that myself right now.

>>It is bad luck that the last-minute update to marvosym in texlive
>>breaks the marvosym support in context, but there is no way to fix
>>that any more.
>
> Sorry for that, but in fact I didn't think about that ConTeXt us the old
> marvosym interface? So it could have been broken since quite some time
> if people upgraded the marvosym from CTAN.

These things happen. It never crossed our mind to check CTAN ourselves,
either.

Best wishes,

Taco