[dev-context] [OS X TeX] More New MacTeX Packages

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Feb 12 12:19:45 CET 2007

Hi all!

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> But the metric file ConTeXt knows that font by (fmvr8x) was deleted
> from TeXLive, because the package (marvosym) that it belongs to has
> been updated, and it switched to a new name for the metric file.

Yup. Marvosym was updated on CTAN on 2006-05-11, so it was time to
update it.

> It is very likely they did not change *just* the name, but updated the
> base font file as well, so simple name remapping probably will not work

Yup, from marvodoc.tex:

\item[2006-05-11] Version 2.1: Renamed Rightarrow macro to MVRightarrow.
New TeX name for font (umvs). Rewrote style file. Added fd file.

> It is bad luck that the last-minute update to marvosym in texlive
> breaks the marvosym support in context, but there is no way to fix
> that any more.

Sorry for that, but in fact I didn't think about that ConTeXt us the old
marvosym interface? So it could have been broken since quite some time
if people upgraded the marvosym from CTAN.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena
TOTTERIDGE (n.)
The ridiculous two-inch hunch that people adopt when arriving late for
the theatre in the vain and futile hope that it will minimise either
the embarrassment of the lack of visibility for the rest of the
audience. c.f. hickling.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff