[dev-context] regression testing Makefile

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 18:01:52 CET 2007

> IIRC, you can inhibit all the auto-mktex scripts with a setting
> in texmf.cnf or mktex.cnf (or something). If these programs are
> needed, the test was almost certainly failed anyway.

Good idea.  Then I can just look at the missfont.log files.  I'll do
that in the next set of tests.  For now, the auto-mktexing overruns
the timeout, the wrapper script kills it, but the missfont.log has
useful info (with one or two junk lines because the i/o buffers were
not flushed).

I'll also add --passon=-recorder so
that input and output files can be checked.  Although that change will
improve only the recent tests (because --passon was was kaput until
recently).

-Sanjoy

`Not all those who wander are lost.' (J.R.R. Tolkien)