[dev-context] texexec --timeout=NN should return nonzero code on timeout

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 5 10:08:43 CET 2007

Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> Here is what has come up from the regression testing.  [I'll send them
> one issue/email.]
>
> If a texexec job runs out of time (--timeout=NN), the exit code should
> be nonzero.  Right now it's zero; which, I just realized, had slightly
> confused the error handling by the regression-testing.

    def timedrun(delay, &block)
        delay = delay.to_i rescue 0
        if delay > 0 then
            begin
                report("job started with timeout '#{delay}'")
                timeout(delay) do
                    yield block
                end
            rescue TimeoutError
                report("job aborted due to timeout '#{delay}'")
                setvariable('error','timeout')
            rescue
                report("job aborted due to error")
                setvariable('error','fatal error')
            else
                report("job finished within timeout '#{delay}'")
            end
        else
            yield block
        end