[dev-context] garden: new ConTeXt?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jan 26 00:06:10 CET 2007

Hi Patrick!

On Don, 25 Jan 2007, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> > But are you sure that you don't want to use the existing Debian package?
>
> no. I've seen that they should work on current stable? Unbelievable!
> Anybody with experience on that? I guess Norbert knows what he is
> doing, so I think I'll try those packages first.

No, on current stable definitely not. It does not have tex-common nor
any infrastructure.

One *could* in theory compile the packages for sarge. There are already
backports for teTeX3 and tex-common etc, but I haven't tried this. And I
am happy that the texlive packages made it into etch!

No, the options are:
- etch
- or TL2007 from the iso image, but without package managing and with no
  updates to context.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena
CHIPPING ONGAR (n.)
The disgust and embarrassment (or 'ongar') felt by an observer in the
presence of a person festooned with kirbies (q.v.) when they don't
know them well enough to tell them to wipe them off, invariably this
'ongar' is accompanied by an involuntary staccato twitching of the leg
(or 'chipping')
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff