[dev-context] engine setting in context/texexec

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jan 10 12:31:17 CET 2007


Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Hans and Taco!
>
> I found something interesting, but I couldn't test properly till now:
>
> pdftex 1.40.1 sets engine=pdftex (not pdfetex), but texexec puts created
> formats into web2c/pdfetex, so they won't be found as soon as we have
> pdftex >= 1.40 around.
>
> Is there a way in texexec to adjust this?
>
>   
it may be related to left overs of pdfetex (best remove all traces of pdfetex; in the transition there is indeed this progname stuff going around); i can even imagine (for users) mix ups with progname settings in the cnf file (plain tex)

in texexec i've removed all traces of pdfetex (the e) so things should be ok (will test later today on linux since i also want to test the luatex format generation there without the need for lua being installed; looks ok so far) 

Hans 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
              Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
     tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl
-----------------------------------------------------------------



More information about the dev-context mailing list