[dev-context] where is dvipos? dvipos fails using TL2006 test tree

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 7 12:25:49 CET 2007

Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> So dvipos belongs in TL and in the Debian packages, or else ConTeXt
> will crash when it makes dvi files with figures.

positions to be more precise ... i still need to adapt context to
support the now available pos in pdftex dvi mode but even then i need to
make surethat xetex works too ...

i'll look into it (probably not before the tex collection is frozen);
> Also, as I mentioned in another email (I think to ntg-context),
> ConTeXt needs to parse dvipos's scaled-points output.  But that change
> is not specific to TL.  Or dvipos should be changed to produce
> coordinates in pt (and label them).  However, that change may break
> other users (are there any?) of dvipos.

well, a solution could be to add a switch --unit= ; maybe taco can make a patch; normally Choff is very responsive to such things; an alternative is that i adapt the dvi driver part a bit (no time now, maybe later) ; i adapted this stuff a bit when i made the mkiv code (which permits me to keep track of milions of positions with hardy any overhead -- also, much aux file stuff is already moved to lua tables then)