[dev-context] [contexttest-Bugs][62] texexec exit code

contexttest-bugs at foundry.supelec.fr contexttest-bugs at foundry.supelec.fr
Sun Jan 7 10:56:44 CET 2007

Bugs item #62, was opened at 2007-01-07 10:56
You can respond by visiting:
http://foundry.supelec.fr/tracker/?func=detail&atid=161&aid=62&group_id=21
Or by replying to this e-mail entering your response between the following markers:
#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+
(enter your response here)
#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+

Resolution: Accepted
Version: None
Category: scripts

Initial Comment:
Hi all!

(Gerben, you are on the To since you were interested in the ctxfmtutil,
but it is bugged ..., see below)

texexec does not return a useful return code:
# texexec --nonstopmode --fast --make --aleph cont-en
! Aleph capacity exceeded, sorry [number of strings=33165].
\setvalue ...xpandafter \def \csname #1\endcsname

l.275 \defineucharmapping{\s!default}
                                     #1#2%
No pages of output.
Transcript written on cont-en.log.
TeXExec |
TeXExec | tex engine path: /etc/texmf/web2c/aleph
TeXExec |
TeXExec |
TeXExec | runtime: 3.104333
# echo $?
0
#

This is bad, very bad.... something we can do about it?

And, since I am at it: It does not honor the --nonstopmode:
# texexec --nonstopmode --fast --make --xetex cont-en
! Undefined control sequence.
l.63 \ifcase\pdfgentounicode
                             \else \expandafter \endinput \fi
?

and waiting there.

Is there a way to fix these two problems, please???

For Gerben: ctxfmtutil has two problems:
- it does not detect if a build was broken due to the first bug
- it hangs sometimes due to the second bug

Best wishes

Norbert