[dev-context] Script files for third party modules.

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Jan 3 20:27:31 CET 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> >
> >> \executesystemcommand{ texmfstart bin:vim -e (and other options)
> >>   -c "source kpse:2context" ...etc...}
> >>
> >> We need to play around a bit to get " (quotes) to work inside a call
> >> to texmfstart. Right now, texmfstart eats the quotes.
> >
> > How does write18 handle quotes? Right now, on a command prompt this
> > works fine
> >
> > texmfstart --verbose bin:vim -c "set nu" t-vim.tex
> >
> > but in a test file
> texmfstart --verbose bin:vim "-c set nu t-vim.tex"
>
> may work better

Thanks. This works

    {\executesystemcommand
       {texmfstart bin:vim
           "-u NONE  % No need to read unnessary configurations
            -e       % run in ex mode
%            -V10log  % For debugging only, will go away later.
            -c \letterbackslash"set noswapfile\letterbackslash"
            -c \letterbackslash"set tabstop=\@@vstab\letterbackslash"
            -c \letterbackslash"set cp\letterbackslash"
            -c \letterbackslash"syntax on\letterbackslash"
            -c \letterbackslash"set syntax=\@@vssyntax\letterbackslash"
            -c \letterbackslash"let
contextstartline=\@@vsstart\letterbackslash"
            -c \letterbackslash"let
contextstopline=\@@vsstop\letterbackslash"
            -c \letterbackslash"source
kpse:2context.vim\letterbackslash"
            -c \letterbackslash"wqa\letterbackslash"
             " #1}}

Basically need to esacpe the quote inside quote.

Aditya