[dev-context] Script files for third party modules.

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Jan 3 20:03:58 CET 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> \executesystemcommand{ texmfstart bin:vim -e (and other options)
>   -c "source kpse:2context" ...etc...}
>
> We need to play around a bit to get " (quotes) to work inside a call
> to texmfstart. Right now, texmfstart eats the quotes.

How does write18 handle quotes? Right now, on a command prompt this
works fine

texmfstart --verbose bin:vim -c "set nu" t-vim.tex

but in a test file

\executesystemcommand{texmfstart --verbose bin:vim -c "set nu"
t-vim.tex}

gives

system(texmfstart --verbose bin:vim -c "set nu" t-vim.tex)...executed.

Notice that the quotes '..' went missing. How to get this to run. I
want texmfstart to run vim as

   vim -c "command" file

How do I save these quotes from texmfstart?

Aditya