[dev-context] mptopdf: produces PDF with 'unknown operator' error

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 1 16:50:43 CET 2007

>> [mp.pool]
> Just delete the thing completely. The pool file is only needed during
> the creation of the mpost executable proper, never afterwards.

Thanks, that explains it.  I thought I remembered a line in the docs
about the new metapost not needing the pool file.  But when I saw that
pool file was generated, I figured better safe than sorry so I installed
it anyway.

Updated makefile attached that does not mention pool.

-Sanjoy

`A nation of slaves is always prepared to applaud the clemency of their
 master who, in the abuse of absolute power, does not proceed to the
 last extremes of injustice and oppression.'  (Gibbon)