[dev-context] Bug in ruby register code?

Duncan Hothersall dh at capdm.com
Sat Oct 14 12:39:44 CEST 2006

>>> With the perl scripts it's right:
>>> Knuth 1
>>>   see Tufte
>>> but with the new ruby scripts it's wrong:
>>> Knuth
>>>   see Tufte, 1
>> As a non-Ruby person I've spent a while trying to work out where the
>> problem might be but it's tough going. I need to do an index with this
>> feature on Sun/Mon if poss, so if anyone is able to point me in the
>> right direction that would be great.
> can you play with this (\global\firstregisterpagetrue )
> \def\dosetpageregistersee#1#2#3#4% ugly separator hack
>       \global\firstregisterpagetrue}}
>     {}}

That seems to remove the comma, but the page reference is still
appearing on the wrong entry. I tried playing with other bits of that
code but didn't get anywhere.

I'm confused because it doesn't seem to be a TeX code issue - the same
TeX code produced both versions above, the only difference (I could see)
was that one was the old perl texexec + texutil and the other was the
new ruby combined texexec.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick.


More information about the dev-context mailing list