[dev-context] Enviromental variables in MikTeX

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jun 5 17:29:35 CEST 2006

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 6/3/06, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>

>>> But at least ConTeXt (only the ruby version) now works with MikTeX
>>> 2.5.
>>>
>> Miktex's website says that 2.5 is scheduled to be released in June
>> 2006. It is already at beta 8. If context works fine with 2.5 beta, is
>> it really worth the effort to add additional support for 2.4?
>>

> I guess that "decay half time" of MikTeX 2.4 will be approximately a
> year or two, but no: since the things didn't work until now anyway, it
> wouldn't hurt much if they don't start working in the future. If
> things could be settled up to work properly in 2.5, this would already
> be a big step forward.

ok, then let's focus on 2.5

Christian Schenk will use the texmfstart.exe that i can make here, so we can assume texmfstart to take care of thing. I can also generate binaries for the other scripts. (if you have exerb on your system you can do that too)

What is needed for 2.5? Your mentioned patch?

(/the problem in 2.4 is probably related to the fact that the script path related kpse stuff is not present; this is not so much miktex's fault as well that the texlive/miktex code bases need to be synchronized every now and then) /

just let me know ahat is needed ...

(it would be handy if i could make a texmf-miktex/bin tree with miktex binaries so that i can test with the minimal)