[dev-context] new wiki software

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Tue Oct 11 03:23:08 CEST 2005

Hello out there,

I have installed the new wiki software. It is now mediawiki 1.5 for
those who want to know. It is online for testing:

http://newwiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page

and

http://newsandbox.contextgarden.net/Main_Page

Both are the same software version, so you can experiment on the
sandbox.

The database is the one from the main wiki from 2005-10-09 around 1am.
If anybody believes that I should use another day of the database
backup, please let me know. I'll check the two pages Brooks mentioned
in another mail + the change to the 'Russian' page.

All external links have 'rel="nofollow"' as an attribute, so there is
no use to spam this wiki anymore (I guess that these people don't care
if their work is useless).

Please report any showstoppers/errors that you see. I will move the
old wiki and sandbox tomorrow (after I wake up). You'll be able to
access them at oldwiki.... and oldsandbox.... for some time.

Current known issues: <cmd>....</cmd> does not work because I haven't
updated the javascripts yet, sidebar does not look the same as in the
old wiki. Upload not tested. Random page lists context release notes.

And, of course, I would like to thank all active contributers and the
spam fighters. Lets see what happens next.

Patrick
(now with grey hair because of the php caching engine)