[dev-context] Re: fontdimen trickery

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Wed Nov 17 12:28:08 CET 2004

Hello Hans and others,

> I uploaded a beta zip
>
>    http://www.pragma-pod.com/context/beta/cont-tmf.zip

-pod.com? -ade.com worked fine, I guess I've got the right file.

> - keys-*.xml and cont-*.xml files

cont-en.xml. It doesn't validate against the current rnc/rng schema
http://dl.contextgarden.net/texshow/interface.rnc
http://dl.contextgarden.net/texshow/interface.rng

because empty <cd:arguments> is not allowed:

<cd:command name="typing" type="environment" generated="yes">
  <cd:sequence>
    <cd:variable value="typing"/>
  </cd:sequence>
  <cd:arguments>
  </cd:arguments>
</cd:command>

--> this would be OK:

<cd:command name="typing" type="environment" generated="yes">
  <cd:sequence>
    <cd:variable value="typing"/>
  </cd:sequence>
</cd:command>

And in setupdescriptions we have

      <cd:parameter name="headcommand">
      </cd:parameter>

which is not allowed because parameter needs at least one of
constant/variable:

Parameter = element parameter  {
   attribute name { text },
   ( element constant { attribute type {text } }
   | element variable { attribute type {text } }   )+
}

Either we (you :-) should correct the cont-en.xml file or we (I)
should change the schema. At least for the second error (empty
parameter) I'd opt for the first choice, because it makes more sense
to me to have parameter list with parameters. So we can discusss on
the first part, if empty argument lists should be allowed.

The same with the cont-de.xml, I haven't tried the other ones.

P.
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net