[dev-context] new web site

h h extern pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Oct 2 22:56:48 CEST 2004

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> Fact is, any time I visit a site with awkward colors I configure
> my browser to use my own colors, and don't bother to change this
> setting back until I am forced to. As long as I can decypher the
> content I am happy.

as soon as i have the time i will try to figure out how to add thin gray
lines; i had that in a previous version and liked it; that will solve
your problem unless the gray is also invisible -)

i ran into browser problems (some strange interference between a border
width and width calculation in percentages; one can compensate that with
margin settings but it quickly becomes fuzzy);

> Also, the reader may like some control over presentation: some
> people like their browser to leave some screen space for other
> windows and therefore want everything as small as possible; some
> people have poor eyesight and want large font sizes.

indeed;

btw, did you ever visit www.fontshop.be (i'm sure you have a windows
machine at elvenkind somewhere); a very nice tool to play with fonts.