[dev-context] new alpha

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Sep 20 18:58:05 CEST 2004

That reminds me ...

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> >* mutations to cont-new.tex

I believe you should strive for cont-new.tex to be completely empty whenever
a current alpha/beta becomes the new release. Personally I find cont-new.tex
more of a problem than an asset (most of the time). It is very easy to end
up with 'out of sync' versions that are inputted runtime and (re-)introduce
weird bugs.

Another thing: it would be nice if we could add an --uninstall or --upgrade
or --install option to texexec. Sometimes old files need to be deleted, and
this is not easy for 'normal' users. If you like the idea, I could have a go
at it (I'd make a standalone version first, just like texversion.pl)

Greetings, Taco