Shouldn't dlig automatically be enabled under the "hebrew" feature set? In font-pre.mkiv, hebrew inherits from semitic-complete, which sets dlig=yes.

Still, if I explicitly add dlig, as in the following example, things change, but they still aren't right:




\definefontsynonym[Serif][file:../fonts/KeterYG/KeterYG-Medium.ttf][features=hebrew] % all the necessary Hebrew features, including dlig






%Set up the main font:


%Set up right-to-left alignment:


%Explicitly add dlig (in case it wasn't there already):











\stoptext ``` In examples 1, 3, 4, and 6, the holam of the preceding letter (which should have been stripped in the contextual substitution) just seems to have been moved farther up. In fact, the output looks like it would look if I turned off the reordercombining feature. (And indeed, if I manually reorder the glyphs to the Hebrew Layout Intelligence order, then the results look like they did when I just used the "hebrew" feature.)

I may have forgotten to attach the font file I was using for this test. If that is the case, it is available at


On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 5:19 AM Hans Hagen <> wrote:
On 8/17/2021 2:07 AM, Joey McCollum wrote:

> Sorry to bring this up after over a year, but I just noticed something
> that doesn't seem right. I implemented some contextual substitutions in
> my own fork of the Keter YG Hebrew font (.ttf file attached) under the
> "dlig" feature that should do the following two things:
but you don't enable dlig

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
               Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
        tel: 038 477 53 69 | |