[NTG-context] Is it bibliography really problem for MKIV?

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Tue Feb 28 20:19:11 CET 2012

On 2/28/12 7:12 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello ConTeXist..
> I have an unusual question: Is it bibliography really such a big problem
> for MKIV or I am unable to do?
> Do you have some experience in the bibliography at MKIV? Can you refer
> me to a source of information about this? Submitter thesis has a very
> strict requirement to the list of bibliography. The numbering of
> bibliographic items must be in the same order in which items are used in
> the text. Moreover, in the form of AMS is, [1], [2], etc. I've tried
> many hours, but I am absolutely not able to achieve the required form. I
> do not believe that I will eventually have to write a thesis in LaTeX
> because of the stupid request.
> May possibly be some way around? It occurred to me to do an emergency
> way. I want redefine of the \cite macro to macro \CITE. The \CITE macro
> put me list the order bibliographic items  and then I arrange manually a
> list of bibliographic entries. Or exist any external tools for that do it?
> Thanx Jaroslav Hajtmar

Your question is kind of vague, so it's difficult to give a meaningful
answer. Bibliographies in mkiv work; a few months ago, I finished a
scholarly volume with a bibliography of 600 entries. If you have a
precise question, you better provide a minimal example and show us what
doesn't work (or what you couldn't achieve). If you have worked many
hours, you must have something to show.