[NTG-context] Calligraphic Font with palatino and euler

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Jun 25 10:15:55 CEST 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>  When I use palatino and euler, I do not get calligraphic font. How
>> can I define a typescript to use the calligraphic font from lm.
>> This is my setup
>> \definetypeface [pal] [rm] [serif] [palatino]
>>                 [default] [encoding=texnansi]
>> \definetypeface [pal] [tt] [mono]  [modern]
>>                 [default] [encoding=texnansi,rscale=1.1]
>> \definetypeface [pal] [ss] [sans]  [modern]
>>                 [default] [encoding=texnansi,rscale=1.1]
>> \definetypeface [pal] [mm] [math]  [euler]
>>                 [euler]   [rscale=1.03]
>> \setupbodyfont[pal,10pt]
>> \starttext
>> ${\cal A}A {\cal B}B$
>> \stoptext
> I still do not know what is why calligraphic letters do not come out
> correctly with euler, but the following definition works
> \usetypescript[palatino] [ec]
> \definetypeface [palatino] [mm] [math] [euler] [euler] [rscale=1.03]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino,11pt]
> \def\mathcal#1{\text{\definedfont[cmsy10]#1\/}}
> and then I can use \mathcal{A} etc.

The caligraphic letters for Euler are defined in eusm (Euler Script).
For some reason this is not loaded in context. The following works

\definefontsynonym [EulerScript] [eusm10]

Why is eusm not used with \cal? Context uses zeusm10 as the sy font
and zeusm should contain eusm (atleast this is what I understand from
What is missing from math-eul.tex?