[NTG-context] Need to compile individual components with proper numbering, etc.

David Arnold dwarnold45 at cox.net
Sun Dec 18 03:01:54 CET 2005

With the structure (posted below for completeness), I will need to
compile the individual components (small chunks to post online for
students with modems). I know this is possible, with say texexec
section1. However, if that is section1.tex of chapter8.tex, then I
will need the run to produce all of the correct numbering of
examples, equations, definitions, etc. I am hoping this is possible
with this structure. Comments?

I have files:

I also have:

And similar files for each of the eight chapters. Here is my project
file: ~/IntermediateAlgebraText/book.tex

\startproject book

\environment bookenv

\product chapter1/chapter1

\product chapter2/chapter2

\product chapter3/chapter3

\product chapter4/chapter4

\product chapter5/chapter5

\product chapter6/chapter6

\product chapter7/chapter7

\product chapter8/chapter8

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: conTeXt-en
%%% End:

Here, for example, is my ~/IntermediateAlgebraText/chapter1/chapter1.tex

\startproduct chapter1

\project book

\input zapf

\component section1

\component section2

\component section3

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: conTeXt-en
%%% End:

As an example of a section, consider ~/IntermediateAlgebraText/

\startcomponent section1

\project book
\product chapter1

\section[sec:1]{The Function Concept}

\input knuth

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: conTeXt-en
%%% End:

This look OK to folks? Will I get in trouble with this plan?