[Dev-luatex] Fwd: ANNOUNCE: Xpdf 3.03 - a PDF viewer for X
martin at oneiros.de
Wed Aug 17 00:17:59 CEST 2011
A cold day in hell :-)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Derek B. Noonburg <derekn at foolabs.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Xpdf 3.03 - a PDF viewer for X
Glyph & Cog, LLC is pleased to announce a new version of Xpdf, the
open source Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer for X. The Xpdf
project also includes a PDF text extractor, PDF-to-PostScript
converter, and various other utilities.
Xpdf runs under the X Window System on Unix, VMS, and OS/2. The non-X
components (pdftops, pdftotext, etc.) also run on Win32 systems and
should run on pretty much any system with a decent C++ compiler.
* Added the "fixed pitch" text extraction mode.
* Modified "pdftops -paper match" to handle PDF files with
different-sized pages, i.e., it will now select the matching paper
size on a page-by-page basis.
* Add ability for pdftoppm to write to stdout.
* Added the pdfdetach tool.
* Implemented 256-bit AES decryption.
* Commented out the t1lib section in the configure script -- t1lib has
some potential security holes, and hasn't been updated in years.
* Redesigned the font configuration xpdfrc commands: removed the
displayFontT1, displayFontTT, displayNamedCIDFontT1,
displayCIDFontT1, displayNamedCIDFontTT, displayCIDFontTT, psFont,
psNamedFont16, and psFont16 commands; added the fontFile,
fontFileCC, psResidentFont, psResidentFont16, and psResidentFontCC
* Switched from GPLv2 to dual v2/v3 licensing.
See the `CHANGES' file for a complete list of changes.
Source (C++ and C) is available, and it should be fairly easy to
compile for UNIX, VMS, OS/2, and Win32.
More information, source code, and precompiled binaries are on the
xpdf web page and ftp site:
For information on commercial licensing and consulting, please see the
Glyph & Cog web site:
More information about the dev-luatex